Sunday, February 1, 2009

Weekend trip to Livingston,MT to pickup the kit


11 hour trip from Port Orchard, WA to Livingston, MT and 11 hours home this weekend. My butt is sore! My Dad and I went and picked up the kit from Jason at Montana Boat Builders, just outside the entrance to Yellowstone National Park. It was 5 degrees F this morning, VERY cold!!Jason is a nice guy. Wish we were not in such a rush to leave this morning because he has lots of beautiful boats to look at and even some interesting wood boat projects to see. He also has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to fishing those beautifiul Montana rivers. Hope to take my driftboat back to show him and maybe fish with him too! Jason showed us the basic layout of the boat and I took some pictures. This was my first trip into Eastern WA, Idaho and Montana. There was snow on the ground from Snoqualamie Pass to Livingston but the roads were dry. Gotta get some sleep from this long weekend. I am going to try to update this blog once a week as I build my driftboat. Thanks for visiting my blog....


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! It's going to be fun watching you build your boat. Can't wait for the next update.

    ReplyDelete